Sunday, November 14, 2010

Suit up minions.

Level 5 phaeton on Illuminati Row.
Got a few Aston’s in the shop.
On my vintage Norton like a plebe today.
Motor Greezy.
A man of the people.
Cutting forms by hand.
Keeping you respected by your peers.
Stitch by stitch.
Getting dressed is a serious business.
I think.
It’s a moment that’s entirely for breaking out the butcher paper.
Custom customer

Let the haters watch.
Let ‘em take notes.

It’s a moment when nothing else can disturb us.
Not even a camera crew.
Not even a camera crew in a dressing room.
Not even a million eyes on me.
Used to that shit by now.
I think it’s something we need to learn to enjoy once again.
Have you forgotten?
How good it feels to to say,
“Yeah, the guy wearing the $4,000 suit is holding the elevator for the guy who doesn’t make that in four months.”
“Come on.”
Check the MBA, kid.
Corporate takeovers.
Brand rebranding.
Heritage wizard.
MTM boxer briefs.
“Come on.”
Old timey geezers put a target on my back.
Jealous rage blinded by ignorance.
If only they knew.
What the f#ck i was in social media.
“Come on.”
Change the game and you lose some friends.
Change the game and you gain some enemies.
I’ll stay strong.
Only the bespoke survive.
As their houses crumble.
One by one.
I’ll laugh and count my cheddar.
Watch doc reruns on the BBC.
Until Abercrombie & Snitch moves in next store.
And puts me out of business.
On that suit-up scheme.
“Come on.”
Challenge accepted.

No comments:

Post a Comment